CITY OF RENO, LAMAR COUNTY, TEXAS
The City of Reno is a General Law Type A municipality located in Lamar County, population. 3,166. The Assistant City Secretary will work closely with the City Secretary to carry out the daily operations of the city.
- Serves as receptionist for the city in absence of the Utility Billing Specialist.
- Serves under the general direction of the City Secretary and performs clerical and administrative tasks that require knowledge of City Secretary's office.
- Must be able to perform all functions of front office:payroll, accounts payable, utility billing, court proceedings, etc.
- Must be bondable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accounts Payable
- Municipal Court Proceedings
- Assist City Secretary with overseeing general operating funds, preparing agenda packets, taking minutes of all meetings.
- Attending and recording proceedings of Committee meetings and other boards and commission meetings as required.
- Attending various meetings, training workshops seminars and other functions.
- Must be able to communicate orally and in writing.
- Must communicate with staff and public in English;both in person and by phone, including verbal and written responses.
- Must have a Texas Driver's License.
- Must have 3 years office experience.
- Possess good typing, calculator, telephone and computer skills.
- Must be able to work overtime.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Medical insurance
Submit resume with references to City of Reno, 160 Blackburn Street, Reno, Texas 75462-7152 or fax to 903-785-0453. Resumes will be accepted until February 21, 2017.